The Physical Activity and Wellness Institute has a long history of academic research, professional expertise, innovative facilities, and service learning to support our mission to promote participation in physical activity and create a pro-health culture in the communities we serve. We are proud to play a part in developing and implementing physical activity and wellness programs and initiatives in our communities. It is our goal to collaborate and consult with communities and businesses to create a shared platform of health and physical well-being.
- Review current evidence-supported wellness programming
- Design and evaluate projected and current wellness efforts
- Design plans for both facility-based and nonfacility-based wellness programming
- Evaluate of current exercise facilities and their operation
- State-of-the-art on campus equipment and facilities to evaluate virtually any fitness-related aspect of a person or program
- Faculty members have a range of wellness programming expertise and a variety of national certifications
- Expertise in all aspects of fitness, wellness and health behavior modification